Illinois Global Scholarships
To increase the global awareness and competencies of students studying at universities and colleges in the state of Illinois, the International Educators of Illinois (IEI) and The Asia Institute offer $2,000 in scholarship funding, which will support students seeking to participate in global learning experiences in Asia.
Eligibility and Participation
- All submission should be jointly submitted by a student and faculty advisor. The faculty advisor can either be a study abroad officer or a professor. The faculty advisor can either be a study abroad officer or a professor. Preferably this individual would have a working relationship with the student applicant.
- Submissions will be accepted from any undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student who is attending a university or college in the state of Illinois.
- Student applicants should be seeking to participate in a global learning experience in Asia. The global learning experience can be:
- Short-term faculty led program (10 days – 8 weeks)
- Semester or fully year study abroad program
- International internship (6 weeks minimum)
- Virtual learning programs (4 weeks minimum)
- International scholarly research (4 weeks minimum)
- Submissions will be accepted only from students who have selected a global learning experience in a country different from their nationality and/or different from the country that issued their passport.
The submission deadline for the IEI scholarship is February 1, 2022. Please ensure both faculty and student applications are submitted by this date.