International Engineering Scholarships
To support the global competencies and knowledge of engineering students, The Asia Institute offers $1,000 in scholarship funding each year. This scholarship support students seeking to participate in global learning experience in Asia. Scholarship applications on March 1 and must include a student-faculty join submission.
Eligibility and Participation
- All submission should be jointly submitted by a student and faculty advisor. The faculty advisor can either be a study abroad officer or a professor. The faculty advisor can either be a study abroad officer or a professor. Preferably this individual would have a working relationship with the student applicant.
- Submissions will be accepted from any undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student who is attending a university in the United States and whose major, minor, masters or doctoral degree is in the field of engineering.
- Student applicants should be seeking to participate in a global learning experience in Asia. The global learning experience can be:
- Short-term faculty led program (10 days – 8 weeks)
- Semester or fully year study abroad program
- International internship (6 weeks minimum)
- Virtual learning programs (4 weeks minimum)
- International scholarly research (4 weeks minimum)
- Submissions will be accepted only from students who have selected a global learning experience in a country different from their nationality and/or different from the country that issued their passport.