International Engineering Scholarships
To support the global competencies and knowledge of engineering students, The Asia Institute offers $1,000 in scholarship funding each year. This scholarship support students seeking to participate in global learning experience in Asia. Scholarship applications on March 1 and must include a student-faculty join submission.
Eligibility and Participation
- All submission should be jointly submitted by a student and faculty advisor. The faculty advisor can either be a study abroad officer or a professor. The faculty advisor can either be a study abroad officer or a professor. Preferably this individual would have a working relationship with the student applicant.
- Submissions will be accepted from any undergraduate, graduate or doctoral student who is attending a university in the United States and whose major, minor, masters or doctoral degree is in the field of engineering.
- Student applicants should be seeking to participate in a global learning experience in Asia. The global learning experience can be:
- Short-term faculty led program (10 days – 8 weeks)
- Semester or fully year study abroad program
- International internship (6 weeks minimum)
- Virtual learning programs (4 weeks minimum)
- International scholarly research (4 weeks minimum)
- Submissions will be accepted only from students who have selected a global learning experience in a country different from their nationality and/or different from the country that issued their passport.
The submission deadline for the International Engineering Scholarship is March 1, 2022. Please ensure both faculty and student applications are submitted by this date.