Design Your Custom Program
Great faculty-led short-term programs begin with great program design! From curriculum integration, to site and visit assessment, to logistics, strong international education programs incorporate not only key learning outcomes, but also a program flow allowing students the opportunity for exploration. Bring your classroom to life, with our team of Program Managers, to develop a customized once-in-a-lifetime course your students will remember forever! Our interactive program design process will ensure your academic goals are achieved, while much of the heavy lifting is left to our experienced team.
We Are Your Host Partner
The Asia Institute is your host partner, not simply another “provider”. With your program design complete, you will work closely alongside a dedicated Program Manager through each step of the operational setup. With a regional network of logistics partners, our team can gain access to visits and speakers others simply cannot. In addition, we will identify on-the-ground travel arrangements that meet your program budget and specifications. Ultimately, this is your faculty-led program, and as your host partner we will do everything we can to ensure your students are accommodated throughout the program.
Experiential learning in Asia offers students invaluable insights into some of the world’s oldest cultures and ethnically diverse regions of the globe. The Asia Institute has established a unique regional expertise, having hosted faculty-led short-term programs in 14 countries and 48 cities across east, southeast and south Asia. Whether your course is studying business in China, traditional architecture in Japan, social entrepreneurship in India, or even ecology and conservation in Indonesia, The Asia Institute can help you design and execute short-term programs that were previously thought unimaginable!
Short-Term Program Destinations
Short-Term Program Examples
Dean, School of ManagementNew Jersey Institute of Technology
Managing Director, Global Supply Chain InstituteUniversity of Tennessee
Professor and Chair, Department of MarketingWilliam G. Rohrer College of Business, Rowan University
Assistant Director, Global Seminars, Penn AbroadUniversity of Pennsylvania
Associate Director, Center for Asian StudiesUniversity of Colorado Boulder
Frequently Asked Questions
For customized study experience, The Asia Institute offers the below logistics support:
- All domestic transportation including daily bus, subway, train and flights
- All accommodations (hotel level depends on request)
- Arrangements for meals as required
- Arrangements for historical and cultural visits, including ticketing and tour guide
- Visits to local universities, including lectures and local student engagement
- Coordination of content related visits, including site tours, speakers and panels
- 24/7 Asia Institute support
The Asia Institute can support your program with the below academic components of your customized study program:
• Flexible in-country curriculum development
• Service learning projects and related arrangements
• Company visits, including facility tours and speakers
• University visits, including lectures and campus tours
• Peer student engagement, and team building activities
• Cultural visits with tour guides
The below is a list of various subject areas The Asia Institute has or can integrate into a customized faculty-led short-term experience. With that said, we welcome your new and creative ideas!
• Culture & History
• Policy and Law
• Religious Studies
• Political Science
The Asia Institute hosts customized faculty-led short-term programs in popular destinations in east and southeast Asia, such as China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and India and also in non-traditional destinations such as Bangladesh, Myanmar, Laos, Bhutan and Nepal.
To develop a new program, the process is easy! Below is the step by step process. To learn more or discuss your ideas, fill out the Request for Proposal.
1. Consider your learning goals and what destinations to incorporate
2. Fill out a Request for Proposal (we will reply within 24 hours)
3. Define your customized faculty-led short-term program requirements
4. Develop one or more short-term program proposals for review
5. Confirm The Asia Institute will host your program
6. Receive full support from The Asia Institute to prepare for your program
7. Pre-departure preparation and orientation
8. Receive finalized itinerary two weeks before departure
9. Depart for Asia
10. Post-Trip feedback & support
Alumni Event Support
Thousands of alumni from our university partners are located in Asia, and are interested in meeting with students. The Asia Institute utilizes an extensive regional network to support our educational partners with alumni events, including Life and Career Advice and Career Development.
Disabled Students Support
The Asia Institute is committed to ensuring a wonderful learning experience for all students, including those with special needs. Previously, we have hosted students with hearing impairments and physical disabilities making every effort to prepare for the specific support required.
Student Recruiting Support
The Asia Institute provides support to faculty leaders who are actively promoting and recruiting students for their short-term programs. The Asia Institute can provide onsite workshops, program flyer/brochure/poster templates, presentation PPT templates, and a lot more.
For all Asia Institute programs, we provide program materials including a Program E-Manual, emergency contact information, and a restaurant guide, all to help students prepare for their upcoming study abroad experience.