XJTLU - International Business School Suzhou - Virtual Business Project Competition
The XJTLU – International Business School Suzhou Virtual Business Project Competition is focused on project-based learning with groups of students made up from universities around the world collaborating on a specific project. Taking place over a period of four weeks, the competition will bring together teams of six students with each team assigned to a mentor and multiple teams working on a specific project. Project work is related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and include issues of gender equality, eco-friendly production, and sustainability.
Dates: July 11, 2022 – August 5, 2022
Location: Virtual – Online
XJTLU – International Business School Suzhou Virtual Business Project Competition participants will meet in teams and as a group online. Virtual session information will be provided to each team in advance of the program start date.
Why This Program?
During the XJTLU – International Business School Suzhou Virtual Business Project Competition students will engage in a unique opportunity to work on real challenges faced by organizations in Asia. Included in this experience, students will:
- Work in diverse groups, collaborating on a projects focused on helping a business or organization to solve a current issue.
- Understand a specific issue or situation for an Asian business/organization while researching possible solutions
- Incorporate the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals into how the group’s proposal addresses solutions
- Examine transferable (“soft”) skills from working in a diverse group and understand how to articulate them to potential employers
During the XJTLU – International Business School Suzhou Virtual Business Project Competition students will have the following unique experiences:
- Work with students from around the world, to better understand cultural differences when working in a global team
- Gain mentoring from experienced mentors who bring their professional experience and knowledge to their work with the teams
- Benefit from professional development sessions, which incorporate both learning gained and application when applying for a position
- Develop project management and intercultural skills while prepare solutions and a team based presentation at the conclusion