Global Supply Chain Management: China
This program offers students the opportunity to follow a product through the entire supply chain from material production to the retail point of sale. Students will broaden their international expertise through guided tours of global supply chain companies in Beijing and Shanghai and learn about China’s political, cultural and business environment.
Over the preceding decades, China has evolved into the world’s leading manufacturing center, producing everything from smartphones to automobiles. Students studying supply chain management in China have the chance to gain hands on experience by visiting world-class manufacturing and logistics companies. In addition, students will have a chance to learn about China’s extensive history and visit cultural sites including the Forbidden City and the Great Wall.
- The diversity and complexity to be understood and managed in the globalization of supply chain activities
- Unique characteristics of global transportation (ocean shipping, intermodal, and air) system
- Import and export processes, regulations and influence on supply chains
- How materials production, OEM manufacturing, and logistics are integrated
- Challenges and integration issues with global supply chain management
Customize Your Program
Our team is here to understand your vision, and to develop a faculty-led program that aligns with your institutional and academic goals. Speak with one of our Partnership Development members today, and begin your journey!